Deep Tissue Massage in Alpena, MI
Better Living Massage Center helps relax the mind, body and spirit of every person we have the privilege of treating. We create a restful experience from the moment you walk through our doors, offering a soothing, unique setting; professional, caring staff; and knowledge of a variety of massage techniques to soothe your way to a healthier life.
From Prenatal Massage to Hot Stone Massage, we offer a variety of massage modalities and use a variety of techniques and tools to relax target areas of your body. Come experience a relaxing, rejuvenating massage in Alpena, MI!
- Prenatal Massage: This gentle, nurturing massage focuses on the needs of the mother, helping to relieve nausea, increase circulation, aid in postural alignment and relieve joint discomfort and minor edema.
- Reflexology Massage: This unique massage method focuses on the feet and hands, relieving tension in these reflex areas to benefit glands, organs and the entire body.
- Hot Stone Massage: Our hot stone massage features heated stones combined with soothing techniques that relax both the body and mind.
- Swedish Massage: Benefits of Swedish massage include stress reduction, increased circulation, mental and physical relaxation and improved range of motion.
- Chair Massage: This seated, clothes-on approach to massage involves the use of a specially designed massage chair. It’s a quick way to reduce stress and ease muscle tension.
- Aroma-Touch Massage: We use dōTERRA (CPTG) essential oils in our aroma-touch massage. It features a light technique to re-establish a state of homeostasis in the body, reducing stress, inflammation and toxins.
- Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Massage: Said to be “The Deepest and Most Luxurious Massage on the Planet,” we follow the ancient form of barefoot massage to relieve stress and tension.
- Couples Massage: We specialize in couples’ massages in Alpena, MI – it’s one of our most popular services, offering you and your guest a chance to be massaged in the same room. We also offer couples hot stone massage.
- Therapeutic Deep Tissue: Our deep tissue massage services get to the root of tension and pain in the muscles. We tailor our services to the comfort level of each client, leaving muscles soothed and relaxed.
For over 10 years, Better Living Massage Center has provided relaxation to members of our community with relaxing massage services. Find the right service for you by calling us today at 989-356-2221 to book your appointment!
Aroma-Touch Technique $65
This is an essential oil application technique using doTerra (CPTG) essential oils. This light technique helps to reduce stress, toxic insult to the body, inflammation and autonomic imbalance by re-establishing a state of homeostasis.
Ashiatsu Oriental Bar Therapy 45 min. – $50; 60 min. – $65
“The Deepest Most Luxurious Massage on the Planet.” “Ashi” meaning foot and “Atsu” meaning pressure, Ashiatsu is an adaptation of an ancient form of barefoot massage.This massage is ideal for those who have ever wanted someone to walk on their back.
Chair Massage 15 min. – $20
Also known as “seated massage” , this is a clothes-on technique that involves the use of a specially designed massage chair in which the client sits comfortably.
Couples Massage 30 min. – $80/couple; 45 min. – $100/couple; 60 min. – $130/couple; 90 min. – $190/couple
One of our most popular services at the spa right now. Two people are massaged in the same room, at the same time, by two different therapists. It can be a husband and wife, girlfriend and boyfriend, even moms and daughters or best friends.
Couples Hot Stone 60 min. – $160/couple; 90 min. – $220/couple
A unique therapy using heated stones. The heat is absorbed by the muscles making them more pliable and aiding in the relaxation of both mind and body
Hot Stone Massage 60 min. – $80; 90 min. – $110
A unique therapy using heated stones. The heat is absorbed by the muscles making them more pliable and aiding in the relaxation process of both mind and body.
Prenatal Massage 30 min. – $40; 45 min. – $50; 60 min. – $65
Gentle and nurturing, this massage focuses on the needs of the mother. Massage during pregnancy helps to relieve nausea, increase circulation, aid in postural alignment, relieve joint discomfort and relieves minor edema by aiding in venus flow return.
Reflexology Massage 45 min. – $50; 60 min. – $65
Reflexology deals with the principle that there are reflex areas in the feet and hands which correspond to all of the glands, organs, and body parts. It is a unique method of using the thumb and fingers on these reflex areas to release tension and ultimately help to remove wastes and ensure proper nerve flow.
Swedish Massage 30 min. – $40; 45 min. – $50; 60 min. – $65; 90 min. – $95
A popular massage for relaxation and stress reduction. Benefits include increased circulation, mental and physical relaxation, decreased stress and muscle tension and improved range of motion.
Therapeutic Deep Tissue 30 min. – $40; 45 min. – $50; 60 min. – $65; 90 min. – $95
Deep pressure is applied to the muscles and connective tissues of the body. Deep kneading and “stripping” is used to get to the root of chronically held spasm and tension in the muscles. Although this massage is deep as the name implies, it is always done to the comfort level of the client.